Please read the following instructions before completing the
- Please complete all sections in full, ONLINE
- Once the form is completed in full, please upload your proof of payment.
- Submit your completed application and we will get back to you with registration confirmation.
Mode of delivery: Online
Duration 7 weeks
Start date April 2024
Scheduled Class times 09:00-12:00 each Saturday
In addition to live online classes, participants will need to complete approximately 3 hours per week watching lectures and completing relevant exercises.
Total Credits Non-credit bearing
Certification Certificate of completion
System Requirements for Autodesk Maya
The Introduction to 3D Animation short course is aimed at beginners wishing to commence the journey of learning this incredible new medium that is taking the entertainment world by storm.
The Animation Schools’ experienced lecturers will guide students through the basic workings of Autodesk Maya and use it to create their own 3D models and environments as well as apply basic animation skills. This software is now the most popular 3D program globally and is used by all major studios to produce anything from television commercials and games, to box office feature films.
The following topics will be covered in the course:
- Introduction to the Maya Interface
- Introduction to 3D Modelling
- Introduction to Unwrapping and texture mapping
- Introduction to rigging
- Introduction to 3D animation
- Introduction to lighting and rendering techniques
Professionals as well as students in grades 8 to 12 with basic computer skills are invited to apply.
Whether you are in the corporate world wishing to branch out into a more creative field or a traditional artist wishing to digitise your creativity, or you just intrigued by the process of digital animation, then this is the course for you!
- Fill in the application form.
- Make payment of R3500 using payment details on step 4 of the form.
- Confirmation will be sent via email.
Course costs R3 500,00
- No bursaries are available for short courses.