Please read the following instructions before completing the
- Please complete all sections in full, ONLINE
- Once the form is completed in full, please upload your proof of payment.
- Submit your completed application and we will get back to you with registration confirmation.
Mode of delivery: Online
Duration 6 weeks
Start date April 2024
Scheduled Class times 10:00-13:00 each Saturday
In addition to live online classes, participants will need to complete approximately 3 hours per week watching lectures and completing relevant exercises.
Total Credits Non-credit bearing
Certification Certificate of completion
Requirements: A Drawing Tablet
Introduction to Krita 2D animation software. The Animation Schools experienced lecturers will guide students through the basic workings of this FREE software that’s very popular amongst many 2D animators across the globe. Digital drawing skills will be developed by using a drawing tablet.
The following topics will be covered in the course:
- Introduction to Krita software
- Introduction to digital drawing using a tablet.
- Introduction to 2D animation
- Introduction to background colouring
- Introduction to 2D character design
Professionals as well as students in grades 8 to 12 with basic computer skills are invited to apply.
Whether you are in the corporate world wishing to branch out into a more creative field or a traditional artist wishing to digitise your creativity, or you just intrigued by the process of digital animation, then this is the course for you!
Students who successfully complete the introduction to 2D Cartoon Animation short course will be able to:
- Basic use of Krita software
- Using a tablet as a digital drawing tool
- Basic understanding of creating a 2D character
- Basic understanding of creating a 2D background
- Very basic understanding of 2D animation
- Complete the Application Form, sign it and make the necessary payment.
- Email the completed registration together with proof of payment to email@example.com
- Confirmation will be sent via email
Course costs R3 500,00
- No bursaries are available for short courses.